Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Tuesday 23 October 2007

Thursday 18 October 2007 - Up and Running


After a tough day slaving over the computer, I finally upload the first entries in this blog, some two and a half weeks after they were drafted. So it starts off in arrears, but hopefully by the end of next week I’ll have caught up. The exercise is not without its technical hitches, as the links on an email I send don’t work for everyone, (sorry), and in the middle of everything I get the following message from the company that hosts our websites (to which I’ve just moved the main site from our original supplier):

“We are writing to inform you that we have recently discovered evidence of a network intrusion involving a server. We have reason to believe that the intruder has gained access to our internal systems, and that this may have in turn given them access to your username and some service passwords.”

So I spend some time changing a variety of passwords on all the sites over which I seem to have gained responsibility, wondering (naively I’m sure) why so many passwords are required.

By the time we set off into the sunset for this evening’s walk, a cheery message from Darren welcomes me to the blogosphere. Thanks Darren, and those other folk who have sent encouraging messages. [What was that…."Welcome to the Madhouse!”]

Today’s picture was taken on 10 October below The Roaches near the Don Whillans Memorial Hut.

No comments: