Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 1 August 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 24: 14 May 2010)

 
Well, that wild camp to the west of the Spittal of Glenshee in the previous 'Wild Camp' posting turned out to be the last wild camp of our 2009 crossing.
 
2010 saw me on my own with the Phoenix Phreerunner tent, on what was to be an award winning route. I set off from Lochailort into the wilds of Moidart, the only one of the 44 starters from that point to head south, where I climbed three Corbett summits between Lochailort and Glenfinnan before setting up camp at NM814789, about a kilometre from Lochan Feith Easain.
 
 
It was a fine spot at about 360 metres, with a good view to my first summit of the following day, Beinn Mhic Cedidh (783 metres).
 
 
I'm pictured in the top picture at camp after descending from my final hill of the day, Druim Fiaclach.

No comments: