Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 3 September 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 31: 22 May 2010)

 
The Loch Tummel Inn had been a great place to rest and refuel. Amanda and Tom have moved on now and the place is currently 'Challenge Unfriendly', but in Amanda and Tom's time it was a great place to stay. Tom's massive breakfast fuelled me for the day. I made my way via Blair Atholl to the Corbett summit of Beinn Vrackie. A few kilometres later I was totally alone at NN979659 at my wild camp by Allt na Leacainn Moine on a fine evening.
 
 
The following morning dawned fine. I opened the tent to see orange early light diffusing through a veneer of mist. It was still there when I took the tent down, then 'the mist thickened and it rained heavily for three hours'.
 

No comments: