Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Wednesday 12 December 2018 – A Grey Day in the Peak District

1201Litton1

I enjoyed a breath of fresh but rather ‘dull’ air in the Peak District today.

Starting near Tideswell, I headed up to Litton on the grey but fairly warm day.

1202Litton2

Tansley Dale drops the walker down to Cressbrook Dale after the climb up to Litton.

1203Tansley1204Cressbrook1

After coffee and soup in Great Longstone, a good path led me to the Monsal Trail.

1206Monsal

Today’s route saw me heading through three tunnels, the first being Headstone Tunnel – from which you emerge at Monsal Head.

1207Headstone

Cressbrook and Litton Tunnels are soon reached, but not before this view towards Cressbrook.

1208Cressbrook

The old railway line is left near Litton Mill, from where a gentle stroll up Tideswell Dale takes you back to the car park, and Tideswell…

1209TideswellDale

Mission accomplished. I won’t get 33 people lost when I follow this route on Sunday. I hope. 15 km with about 400 metres ascent. Map to follow on Sunday.

No comments: