Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 25 September 2021

Saturday 25 September 2021 - Dolgellau parkrun


A short drive found us at a new parkrun for Sue and me. We assembled next to the main car park in Dolgellau. A river flowed gently past as 85 runners and walkers, together with numerous volunteers, prepared for two laps of a 'there and back' course along the track of a disused railway line. 


This was my training for next week's marathon. I hope I'm not as out of breath then as I was here today! Sue and I usually finish in about the same time these days, but despite being first in her age group she was two minutes behind me! And I wasn't first in my age group... and in fact I spent the first 4 km dicing for position with a five year old, Idris, before he faded a little more than I did over our final kilometre.


It took me a while to recover, then the post run coffee and cake was excellent. From a quality establishment that used to house an ironmongers shop.



Later, gin and tonics in our Timperley garden couldn't really match beers on the deck at Porthmadog that we've enjoyed this week. Never mind, it was just as warm here.


No comments: