Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 30 May 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 5: 16 May 2007)

 
After camping at Borlum Farm campsite in Drumnadrochit, (the picture of which shows my tent in splendid isolation in a camping field) I got the ferry across Loch Ness and walked with Bob and Rose Cartwright for the whole of the 30 km day.
 
We went as far as the bridge shortly before Coignascallan, camping at NH725182. The top picture looks back up the valley to the west. Bob and Rose's tent was a Lightwave Ultra - similar, but at 2.3kg slightly heavier, to our Hilleberg Nallo2.
 
It was a lovely flat pitch, with a good water supply half a kilometre back along the road. There are lots of good camping spots in this area, many of them less exposed and more suitable for windy weather than our choice on this calm day.
 
 
The following morning, Bob and Rose left for Aviemore at 8:10, leaving me to take my time over a short day.
 
 
During our stay here, a picture was taken that shows me in my crocs in front of the Phoenix Phreerunner tent. I can't find that image, but it still appears as my 'Google' avatar:

No comments: