Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 2 July 2020

Flowers of the Bridgewater Canal in Timperley


Some snaps from the towpath today, to keep me entertained on my walk to see Darryl at the fish shop.

How many of the twenty (or so) flowers can you identify? I know some may have to be generic due to a lack of leaf pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There may be some help offered by previous postings such as this, or this. See also my guesses below.
 
It's just as well I took these pictures on my outward walk, as the council grass cutter had been in action by the time I went back, destroying many of these, and some more specimens that I was going to snap on the way home. A shame. Recently we saw someone rescuing caterpillars from a razed patch of nettles that were doing nobody any harm, but the council's giant lawnmower had taken exception to them.
 
Completely unrelated, here's a picture for Conrad from this morning's bike ride. Probably where the council lawnmower men hang out.
 
 
However dubious this place looks, it does sell good beer!
 
Flower guesses, from the top:
Hedge Bindweed
Umbellifer (Cow Parsley?)
Saw-wort
Bramble (x2)
White Clover
Ragwort
Yarrow
Hawkweed
Dandelion
Buttercup (probably Meadow)
Wood Avens (aka Herb Bennet)
Trefoil
Crucifer
Ox-eye Daisy
Red Clover
Herb Robert
Dog Rose
Tufted Vetch
Goosefoot
 

No comments: