Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 19 September 2020

Saturday 19 September 2020 - A Short Walk in Tatton Park


This is a brief entry that I can edit as part of my 'New Blogger' learning curve. So far I have learnt that the icons used to do the editing are less responsive than the old ones. For example, I can't highlight all the pictures and change their settings. Each one has to be treated separately, even for something simple like 'left align'. And the pictures sometimes load in reverse order! And getting this paragraph to left align has been a nightmare.

Also, I've noticed, and Nick has pointed out, that the formatting of text around pictures works fine on the desktop (Windows 10/Chrome) and on the iPad, but it's really messy and unsatisfactory on an Android phone. Curiously the template into which I'm now typing shows a mixture of formats.




We crossed a Tank Bridge that I hadn't noticed before, next to which was an information board.




It was a lovely afternoon, with lots of people about in the 'well-spaced' grounds. We walked nearly 7 km before returning home to watch the Tour de France's penultimate day's time trial turning the results upside down.

PS This seems to be showing ok on my Android phone, and elsewhere. This may have been achieved by leaving the re-sizing of the images in HTML until the last step. They load at 320px width. Changing them straight to 550px (to fit on my blog template) causes a drastic drop in resolution, so I have to change them to 'extra large' - 640px, then manually reduce them to 550px - all a bit tedious but I'm used to it. It'll be interesting to see if this works with more text between the pictures than in this posting, and with text copied from a word document as in the series of Alta Via 2 postings.

Phew! (It shouldn't be this difficult!)

No comments: