Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 19 August 2020

TGO Challenge - Wild Camps (No 27: 17 May 2010)


This was perhaps my best ever wild camp. I arrived at Mam na Gualainn fairly early after a relatively easy day that incorporated a short stretch of the busy West Highland Way corridor.

About 600 metres to the east of the 796 metre summit, I stopped at this irresistible spot, albeit a bit of a descent to the north to find a spring. Approximately NN120626, with views to the Glencoe summits, and down Loch Leven.
 
 
 
 
It was a perfect warm night. There was no wind, as can be seen from the contents of my rucksack being just spread out on the grass while I took the tent down. I had a long day in store so was up fairly early, but as you can see from the next two pictures, the sun was shining.
 
 
Here's a last look back to Mam na Gualainn, before I packed up and headed on over Beinn na Caillich to join the path to Corrour. Brilliant, and not an insect in sight. [I'm currently reading reports from people brave enough to wild camp in Scotland in August 2020. Midges rule ok, I'm not envious.]
 

No comments: